Project period: August 2019 – July 2021
The project aims at strengthening democratic ideas and values in Ukraine through building a culture of lawfulness.
The goal is to build a grassroots movement to eliminate corruption and to enhance the rule of law among the Ukrainian society.
International knowledge and experience in constructing a lawful society, where the rule of law is deeply appreciated and followed, will be brought to the stakeholders in Ukraine.
Specific objectives are the following:
1. To inspire, encourage and enhance capacities of journalists to address corruption in a safe, innovative and conflict-sensitive way by exposing the positive, corruption-free cases as a societal value to be nourished, multiplied and followed.
2. To launch a cross-sectoral coalition of institutions and individuals to build the culture of lawfulness in the Ukrainian society.
3. To promote the rule of law in Ukraine in an innovative, emotionally attractive and trendy way.
The following interlinked activities are envisaged:
1. Three 2-day workshops on the promotion of the culture of lawfulness for 20 Directors and Editors of national and regional media.
2. Three 1-day roundtables on the value of the rule of law and the societal benefits of the CoL.
3. Promoting the culture of lawfulness through re-granting the contemporary artists’ projects.
4. Re-granting the CoL initiatives within the National Exchanges Programme. 20 inter-regional exchange projects will be supported through the already established and well-functioning re-granting scheme.
5. Production of emotionally positive video and audio clips to promote the CoL on TV, radio and social media, and to build an attractive image of a lawful person. Here you can watch and disseminate the first video clip produced.
6. Regular exposing of good examples, when integrity, human dignity and values were intrinsically practiced. “Integrity Icon Ukraine” campaign has been launched in partnership with the Accountability Lab (USA).
7. The Festival of Lawfulness in Lviv. The event will provide a platform for public presentations of all visual products developed within the project to promote the culture of lawfulness in Ukraine.
The project is being realised with the financial support from the MATRA programme which is administered by the Dutch Embassy in Ukraine.